Friday, December 7, 2012

December 7, 2012

Happy Birthday Chris, who turns 17 today! Also a significant day of remembrance for those who where at Pearl Harbor; we shall never forget.

So where am I today? HOME. Ah yes, the palace. Back in my recliner, unhooked from the myriad of tubes from IV pumps, watching Katie the Mutt wake up from her slumber to....snooze some more. Struggle city.

Upon arrival home, the sensation of ease is immediate. It's uncanny. Then again, as a 21 year old sitting in the pediatric ward of Sloan Kettering, going anywhere else provides some solace. It's tough but since technically I have a pediatric disease, it's where I've got to be for 10 hours a day during these cycles. I'm not going to complain, because I know it is the best spot in the world to be in for the treatment I need. I'm grateful for it.

And so Nicky Mo has made it through chemo cycle number two. Later this weekend and next week I'll be all but knocked out they say, fatigued from the low blood counts. But before then, I'm moving around, grabbing some food and fresh air with Mom and Dad before I hit the medical isolation time period. Maybe if you're around you may see me out - looking a tad bit like Voldemort with patchy hair and glasses. It's a look and a half.

Until next time.

1 comment:

  1. Really glad to hear you made it home....truly nothing as comforting as familiar surroundings without the perpetual "beep beep beep" and 24-hour lighting of a hospital room. For distraction try the forum at bigblueinteractive.com. On second thought you don't need any aggravation right this minute...:-) Stay strong. Fight the fight. And never forget all the love and support focused on your recovery from all corners of the web!

    ReplyDelete