Tuesday, December 11, 2012

December 11, 2012

Delayed start boys and girls, up bright and early to get down to Sloan for the blood tests. Some low blood tests...hello, neutropenia! So they say you should be ultra careful should your neutrophil (specific white blood cells that fight bacterial infections) count go below .5 - my entire count of white blood cells is .2...yeesh. So I'm really in need of isolation through the weekend!

And so here I am, napped out hard this morning upon return from Sloan to catch up on sleep. Real nice nap. Top 10 I'd say.

So what to do besides wash my hands on the reg and schoolwork? Not much. Think about the next meal, think about how to soothe the mouth sores, that's about it. Keeping cool, hoping for no fever or infection.

Wish me luck!



1 comment:

  1. Ice pops for mouth soreness....also provides a bit of hydration and a few calories. Of course, only with your doc's permission. Hand sanitizer for those folks sharing the house with you. Otherwise, at ease, boy. Oh, and if you're doing schoolwork, I'm impressed...no, I'm REALLY impressed! :-)

    ReplyDelete