Monday, February 18, 2013

February 18, 2013

Ahh yes, the third week, the wonderful third week, has arrived. Counts are coming back strong, and that's nothing but good news.

It's a beautiful thing: heading down to Sloan, expecting to be there for a solid 6 hours and only ending up being there for two. I went to catch some photons real quick, then check in with the sarcoma team and get the numbers from my CBC. At this point, I'm expecting the counts to be a bit low for their likes, necessitating a transfusion. The magic number is ten, so when I get called in I'm saying, "Show me a ten, baby!" The doc actually messed with me, saying, "Nope no ten.......I'll do you one better. 11.7." From the doldrums to ecstasy, I knew I was home free. Any time you catch a break like this, even though it may be small, it's something to behold.

So I spent another nearly whole day at home. And what a day it was - got to witness the wondermutt get a bath. Poor thing...but so enjoyable. At one point she was totally upset about it, then the next minute she's laying down in the tub in either defiance or laziness - still not sure. You guys tell me your interpretation. Catch you later!


3 comments:

  1. Love the picture of Katie!! Our Lady is in need of the dreaded bath also. Maybe this weekend. Schoolwork, schoolwork and more schoolwork!! Common Core and getting the children ready for First Penance and Eucharist is quite a challenge. It's so different now. When you were in first there was always time for fun. Now not so much but I still do fun things with them because they need that. So happy you had good news. I can see you smiling! Love, Mrs. V

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks to me like she's waiting for a martini and someone to light the candles for that total doggie spa experience. What a life!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Give the dog a brush and some grout cleaner. And don't accept "I don't do no manual labor" for an excuse. Neither should you accept a comment like "and that boy looks like he eats a LOT of snacks".
    Glad to hear your blood, marrow and other internal crap is working FOR you and not a'gin you. Keep dem levels rising, boy...ya hear?
    And lastly, how about posting a pic of that tramp stamp instead of mutt smut? The blogosphere clearly wants a peek at that!

    ReplyDelete