Monday, March 25, 2013

March 25, 2013

After a brief hiatus from the blogosphere, and chemo for that matter, I'm back.

Great weekend up Boston way. Had a nice little boost of energy for the weekend or maybe was running on adrenaline a bit. Either way, it was awesome to see the roomies and friends again.

So the Eagles lost in the Hockey East tournament for what feels like the first time in...ever. Sigh. At least BU didn't win the championship game. Luckily, we still received an at-large bid for the NCAA Ice Hockey Tournament. In another interesting twist of events, if both teams win their first game we'll have a Providence Regional Final of Boston College vs. Quinnipiac University. My cousin and I will finally get to settle once and for all who has the better hockey team this year. Hopefully it happens...then again we lost to Colorado College in the first round two years back so who knows.

Chemo week is here. The 7th and final high dose chemo if all continues to go according to plan. Sweet. I'll start it tomorrow, since it's only a 4-day cycle (really 3.5, which is even nicer). Though these drugs seem to take a harsher toll on the body, hopefully I won't get the nausea that accompanied the more recent cycles of drugs that I was given. Fingers crossed, as always. Let's knock this thing out.

Here's to a great week folks.

3 comments:

  1. So glad to hear you had a good weekend in Boston! I'm praying for you everyday. Go knock this thing out for good!!

    Mrs. E

    ReplyDelete
  2. Extra prayers this week. Could Florida take it all??? We'll have to wait and see. This was some year.
    Next year I'm doing eeny-meeney-miney-mo!! Love, Mrs. V

    ReplyDelete
  3. You know I usually fill my comments to your posts with loads of sarcasm and BS BUT this time I want to let you know that I am absolutely thrilled that you made it to Boston (geeze, I love the town but hate everything about the town's pro teams)and that you're doing so well. Attitude makes a difference and nobody's ever accused you of not having "attitude". Ok, ok, I promised no sarcasm.
    Nick, you are amazing and I can't tell you how much I'm excited for your incredible progress. Keep moving forward and don't look back!

    ReplyDelete