Monday, April 8, 2013

April 8, 2013

Still not out of neutropenia. Come on, man.

This whole no immune system thing is getting sooooo old. Nevertheless we power on. They said it would be a while until the counts rebounded from this round of chemo; 'twas apparently a real doozy. Felt like such, so I guess this is an appropriate reaction from my understandably miffed bone morrow. Like sorrrrrry guys gotta get rid of some tumors, ya dig? They'll forgive me for allowing the whitecoats to do such cruelties to them one day...I hope.

Due to the radiation treatments, the production of platelets has been hit pretty hard. As a result, I've had to get some infusions of the yellow-y looking clotters the past couple of days. One of the protocols to this little procedure is pre-medication of Tylenol and Benadryl to avoid both a fever and allergic reaction from it. Today, for some unbeknownst reason, the Benadryl was ordered via IV. Why? I have no clue. Nevertheless, I didn't fight it - what a mistake. Almost instantaneous loopiness...trippin' on acid? No. Trippin' on Benadryl? Pretty accurate. Try it sometime folks.

Things are otherwise swell, no complaints. Never any complaints. Keep on keepin' on everybody. And if you see my immune system send that prodigal son back, tell him I've got a fattened calf to slaughter in his honor or something. Thanks guys.

2 comments:

  1. Nick....I've been a reader (and an occasional commenter) since you started the blog and I have to say that your resilience is amazing. I can only continue to support you and do whatever I can with my thoughts (and prayers in case anyone's listening) to send good vibes your way. You're as tough as they come and your good humor shines through the struggle and no doubt is helping you overcome (speaking of "shots ring out in the Memphis sky"). One thing though...you HAVE to stop watching the Food Channel. What's with that? Pictures of people chopping and stirring? You're kidding, right? Have you already seen every Kardashian episode? Real Housewives of Putnam County? Honey Boo Boo? ANYTHING but people adding a pinch of this and a touch of that...pleasssssse.... Go watch reruns of Gunsmoke. Check out ESPNHistory for a baseball game from 1972.Heck there might even be a video these days on MTV. But NO MORE "add a quarter cup of ____ "!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hang in there Nick. You continue to be such an inspiration. And I hope your parents aren't reading this, but I think you should ditch whatever you majored in at BC, and pursue a career in comedy! You're in my prayers every day.

    Love,
    Mrs. E

    ReplyDelete