Monday, July 1, 2013

July 1, 2013

Did ya miss me? Dumb question. Let's try this again - how much did you miss me?

What a week off. Enjoyability at its fullest extent. This standard midsummer thunderstorm pattern really put a damper on my golf outing game; nevertheless, as always it was a superb week off. Of course, once you start feeling like a normal human (i.e. your saliva tastes normal, you don't walk around with a needle, and your energy level is high), it's time to get back into the clinic and start up another round. It's tough to bring yourself to go back at this point, but not nearly as bad as the high dose chemo treatments. Now I fight the occasional bout with nausea and gross saliva. Before it felt like I fought to walk, eat, and breathe. Progress is crucial here, folks; and we have progress.

Had a surprise party on Saturday at none other than Belmont Park. Could there be a more appropriate venue for a graduation party for Nicky Mo? I think it's pretty obvious the answer is no. I smelled something fishy going to Belmont in a suit but the guise was good enough that I was surprised. Well done to all participants for keeping the secret on the down low. Attendees came from all over the Eastern seaboard for the event - to all those reading, thanks again for coming. For all those that couldn't make it, I'm sure I'll see you soon somehow. For all those I've never met...........hey, maybe meet you sometime.

Looking forward to the Fourth of July, probably my second favorite holiday to Christmas. Gotta celebrate America, the Declaration and Constitution, and essentially freedom and capitalism - nothing better. Red, white and blue, all day. Picture evidence from last year so you know my passion is real. Later world.




1 comment:

  1. Thank you for giving me that #6 horse Jockoooooooooo. Great party. We had alot of fun.

    ReplyDelete