Thursday, May 2, 2013

May 2, 2013

Sweet day. Started out a bit slow, I think I'm getting so stealth with how I slink into the dark corner of the recliner section down at Sloany Ketts that sometimes they forget I've checked in at the front desk. Case in point today, when I got the sideways look from a nurse who just so happened to walk back into my domain and asked how long I'd been there. It was a solid hour, but I was so caught up in re-reading The Count of Monte Cristo that I lost track of time. Oops, kind of, I guess, in a way. I don't know maybe I wasn't in a rush to get chemo or something cut a brother some slack.

Just witnessed Largefoot use a harness to help Katie get her creaky old bones up the stairs to bed....pathetic yet hilarious. The things we do for our pets...but honestly I feel like this is the tip of the iceberg in terms of things we'd be willing to do for the wondermutt. Perhaps one of the next steps will be some sort of breath mints, holyyyyyyyyyyy fish breath.

Another gorgeous day, absolutely necessary to get out and see some local high school baseball, grab some sun, listen to a little country music, and cruise around town. One more day of chemo, tomorrow morning, for this cycle - then the needle comes out and all bets are off. This week has been much better than even last week, with the chemo not really affecting me much even in the way of fatigue. The taste in the mouth lingers, sure, but honestly it's quite manageable in the big scheme of things. The trick will be to find some compound that cures both my taste issue and Katie's breath issue...scientists are currently hard at work looking for it.

People have been talking soooo derby to me lately. Kentucky Oaks tomorrow, Derby on Saturday. I am such a child for these days, just really exciting racing. Hope everyone gets a chance to catch 'em, and good luck if you bet. Talk to you later everyone.

1 comment:

  1. Not sure if this is the compound that will work for you but seems like a sure fire cure for the wondermutt! :)

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E96EbDtMptU

    XO,
    Mama Fo

    ReplyDelete