Sunday, May 5, 2013

May 5, 2013

Cinco de Mayo, and the Derby Hangover.

If times were different I believe I'd currently (yes, 11 AM) be casually sipping some variety of Corona to toast the remembrance of the Battle of Puebla. Don't really know what it's all about, but they say it should be toasted and, well, therefore toast it we shall.

The Derby Hangover. Yes. The best horse won, which really can't always be said when it comes to the running of the Kentucky Derby. But for a fan of the sport that follows it much, much more than just the 5 weeks that span the Triple Crown, it was awesome to see racing royalty finally get a winner. Unfortunately, I tried to beat the favorite with Normandy Invasion, a respectable 4th, but think his jockey moved a bit too early. On to the Preakness (the first time in 3 years I won't be in attendance...sigh).

Finally done with the two week chemo. Felt like forever, but I really feel that was because I had to be down there everyday for the past two weeks just to see how it went. Now that it went well, with only some nausea, it looks like I can do 8/10 days from home - with Mondays being administered at the hospital. That's a real nice deal. Hopefully it all works out.

Hope everyone has a nice, relaxing weekend...catch you during the week.


1 comment:

  1. Watched the Derby after spending time up in Hopewell to celebrate 2 birthdays. ( Brian's Alison and Cameron). I picked it's Your lucky day for no other reason than I liked the name but he got lost in the pack..not so lucky!
    Sounds like you have gotten some good news and you'll be able to enjoy the weather and Katie. Brush those dog teeth!!! Love you. Mrs. V

    ReplyDelete