Monday, June 10, 2013

June 10, 2013

Greetings Earthlings.

So what did we think of the Belmont Stakes? Kinda lame right? Maybe only because I didn't win any cash on the race but nevertheless. I did have some serious rooting interests in the preceding races, including the day before in the Brooklyn Handicap (essentially the Belmont Stakes for horses 4 years old and older), so that made for an exciting weekend of racing. Quite possibly nothing I enjoy more than such.

In and out of Sloan today like the place is riddled with the plague. Which it kind of is, in a way, sorta - correct? It's great getting out of there ASAP - and I think the pharmacy there knows that's my gig. I first get a finger stick to get my blood counts (yes a CBC merely from a prick of the finger), meet the team to discuss the blood counts and whether or not they're good enough to begin the next chemo cycle, and if they are I head back to the day hospital - if not, I head home. Extremely luckily, I haven't experienced the latter - and I feel like that's definitely been to my benefit in terms of treatment and beating this little nuisance though it is certainly physically demanding. I say this because the entire process from finger stick to chemo being ready to go took a grand total of maybe 30 minutes, which is simply unheard of. Talk about a small victory right there. Couple that with getting my main nurse to throw a little needle action in the mediport and get it working perfectly again, and we have what shapes up to a great day in the life of a cancer patient. It's the little things.

And so we start the next two week cycle. Getting after it. Later world.

No comments:

Post a Comment