Monday, January 20, 2014

January 20, 2014

Happy MLK Day, world!

What's new in the goings-on of life...not much at all. But it's been a while since I've provided a blog post so I figure I owe you one. I sit in a chair for upwards of twelve hours a day, making sure I get my pills every six hours on the dot. Sometimes I can find a comfortable position within the friendly confines of the chair, and bed for that matter, which is really a time to behold and relish. Other times, misery takes control and you just pray for the pain to go away swiftly.

Football was at the very least exciting for a bit yesterday, so that's some solid entertainment value to note. I think there are NBA games on today but I don't really enjoy watching NBA games for whatever reason, so I'm almost lucky radiation is scheduled for around midday. Hopefully the radiation keeps doing its thing and getting me a bit better day by day - I mean when I was down there for the first treatment last Wednesday the pain was legitimately near unbearable. With the nice combo of pain meds and timing at least I can get down on the table for treatment - not without a struggle, but still gets the job done.

The fight is real. Unfortunately it appears the slope is getting steeper, and with my current ability to walk (literally and figuratively) a little more than questionable, things certainly aren't looking as cheery as they once were. Yet we power on, just like any other day, don't we? Amen. Here's to a better tomorrow!

3 comments:

  1. Nick, take one day at a time and absolutely power on. I watched both games yesterday and have to admit they weren't all that exciting. The Seahawks/49ers game was a little better.
    Hang in there and always remember the love and the prayers that surround you. Mrs. V

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nick, you continue to amaze and inspire me. Like Mrs. V says, never forget the love and prayers that surround you always. And yes, here's to a better tomorrow!
    Love,
    Mrs. E

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nick, we hope and pray the medication and radiation offer some relief. Be strong and take comfort in knowing so many of us are steadfast in our heartfelt support for you.

    Love you!
    Mama Fo

    ReplyDelete