Thursday, December 5, 2013

December 5, 2013

Early morning, December five...I woke up! I'm still aliiiiive. (This was set to the tune of "Pride (In the Name of Love) by U2 re: MLK...if you didn't know, now you do. You're soooo welcome.)

A very docile couple of days here at clinic, just making our way through treatment. Platelets don't want to cooperate, so we're still bumping those up, and we'll see if chemo is possible tomorrow or Saturday...but most likely won't happen until next week if you ask me. And I'm practically a licensed doctor now sooooo take it to the bank, baby.

What else is new? Nothing. As long as I reach my tamale quota for the day, coupled with some coffee and watching my San Diego weather ladies...for the forecasts, I'm a very happy camper. No doubt about it. Unbelievably, the high temperatures for New York and San Diego are the same today. On December 5th. New York. San Diego. How.

Also it appears they lit the tree in Rockefeller Center last night. Lost on me at this point. Certainly doesn't feel like the holidays here so I really can't get into it. Gonna be a highly condensed holiday season when I get back, but at least I'm getting that. Can't wait. Yet another thing to look forward to, like the flight home.

Until next update...later everyone.

1 comment:

  1. I take it those weather girls are putting a smile on your face!! Well after 3 years of winning nothing at the Christmas Fair, I won the 50/50 yesterday!! So I'm smiling now! It's play time at school..remember those days of practice? My year is almost half over. I hope sister calls me to sub, that way I won't lose touch. Sounds like your trust in doctors has been restored. I am so happy they are helping you and you are content. My love and prayers to you, mom and dad. Mrs. V

    ReplyDelete