Tuesday, December 24, 2013

December 24, 2013

Woof, haven't blogged in a week. Who writes a blog about his life with cancer and goes AWOL for a week?? Just keeping you on your toes people. Don't want you getting too comfortable in your computer chairs/desk chairs/couches/train seats(...this one was for you Janelle, because no one on God's green Earth gets comfortable in Metro North seats) while reading about my ventures south of the border.

Why no blog in a week? Well to be completely honest I've been mostly out and about, keeping busy and seeing the friends and family that I've kept in touch with and kept in touch with me while I was essentially practicing my Spanish and acting as a human pin cushion down there. Great times had by all, really. Also, given I was down there for five weeks, that means five weeks of no driving - perhaps my favorite activity as you well know. Needless to say I've been all over and back in this past week - and yes, it's officially pothole avoidance season.

Scans, scans, scans. Yeah yeah I'm sure you're all clamoring to know what they looked like on Friday. Hate to break it to you folks, but I'm not. Dooooooon't care. I told the docs down at Sloany Ketts to save any results until December 26th. Not about to have this all be the topic of conversation on Christmas. Plus, as far as my new treatment is concerned, this is a baseline scan to see what we're dealing with, not how it's going. If I could sum up how anxious I am about these scans, this is how I'd go about it: as they rolled me into the PET scan, you could see the machine start up and read "30:00" for thirty minutes to go. That's the last thing I remember until getting woken up by the technician saying, "Yo dude you're all done." Legitimately passed out so hard. Dooooooon't care.

What else is new in the life? Nada. Just living the dream here folks, the #ChemoDream. Hope you all have a wonderful holiday - to those who celebrate, Merry Christmas. Enjoy it!!

2 comments:

  1. Love you, Nick. MERRY CHRISTMAS!!! XOXOX

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thought maybe you had eloped with a pretty little senorita. But noooooo...instead we learn you've done essentially nothing in the last week. Hey, that's good too. As for scans, baseline or not, here's to good results. As to Christmas, you don't have to celebrate it to enjoy it. Though you haven't heard much from us we think of you daily and pray, in our own way, for your fight to be a successful one. Merry Christmas to you and the entire clan (with a "c", not a "k") and if and when you feel the urge get in the car and drive to NJ and we can do nothing together!

    ReplyDelete