Friday, November 22, 2013

November 22, 2013

Sorry for the lack of updates everyone. No longer can we assume no news is good news given my most recent episode of border-hopping sepsis which was altogether joyous, believe me.

However, currently no news is good news. This has been a good recovery week from that whole extremely low blood pressure scene. Looking back on what happened, it seems that my system conducted a super purge of whatever was inside it - dead cells from radiation, platelets, the works. As I bounce back, I hope it to be stronger and ready to go for next week when I take on the full spectrum of treatment.

To be perfectly honest, I'm not sure that if I was in a poorer, more desperate physical state that I would've made it through the previous episode. The decision to come down here at this time may prove vital to success, which of course I plan on attaining. After this week of getting pumped up with vitamins and minerals, I'll get the immune system booster Monday, immuno kickstarter Tuesday, and low dose chemo to wound any underlying disease I have Wednesday. That's what I've got for now...looking to make good on it and carry it all out.

I'd be remiss if I didn't mention JFK today, namesake of my high school and American legend. Though I of course was not around for that day I can't help but draw the comparison to it being my parents' generation's version of my 9/11. You know exactly where you were when you heard what happened and it sticks with you to this day. I don't even remember what day is as diagnosed with this disease yet stuff like that, the shock and the tragedy, makes a dent on us. Powerful stuff.

Also on that note, I think it's been almost barely over one year since my diagnosis. Feels like shorter, no? A trying year without doubt...but hey look where we are now. Nicky Mo is a television star/globe trotting gallivanter, and you're reading his blog, so you must be doing something right.

Until the next update........go GMen. Later everyone.

4 comments:

  1. Sepsis, shmepsis.....you can do it Nick! Immuno this and booster that....low dose this and kickstarter that. Kick start and FINISH,baby!

    It's about 25 degrees and the wind is howling I don't know if you'll be able to follow today's game but the GMen will pound and ground today and the D-line will stuff the run. Trying to throw in 20 - 30 mph winds will not be pretty so....stuff the line of scrimmage, neutralize Witten and score a few points and hopefully we'll send Skeletor and his "Amurrica's Team" home with their heads down.

    Fight,baby,fight.....we're with you all the way, Nick!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nick, more prayers than ever that this will be the answer to so many prayers. It is absolutely freezing here with a wind chill of zero! Stay strong. You had us from the beginning. Love you. Mrs. V

    ReplyDelete