Monday, September 23, 2013

September 23, 2013

Couldn't have been more right about the Giants, could I have? How gross? Bottom line sad truth: closer to vomiting from that performance than from any chemotherapy treatment. You've actually got to be kidding me.

Thank the sweet Lord for fantasy football because otherwise Sundays would be unbearable (this is of course assuming you don't have any members of the Giants on your fantasy football squad, which I, because I trust any member of the team you may name negative 10%, do not).  Meanwhile in reality world, golf finished up in a relatively lackluster fashion with Stenson running away with this weekend's tournament. Still amazes me to see these guys hit these shots, just awesome.

Into the week 2 abyss we roll. Really not an abyss at this point, considering we know exactly how this is going to play out. The great part about going into Sloan today and getting all my blood counts checked out was asking what the ANC (absolute neutrophil count) number was and getting the number "1.9" as a response. Let's dissect this: I could not get chemo two weeks ago because the count was 1.0. I was given the green light to get chemo last week because the count was a robust 1.1. AFTER a week of chemo...the count was 1.9. And I thought I had a sense of humor...my bone marrow is even funnier. My humerus is of course the most humorous. Gross, can't believe I just did that.

In other news, if you haven't been reading the comments to the blog (which I of course do, love hearing from you all when you can), Mrs. V is hanging up the cleats after 35 years on the ballfield. Of course this immediately brings two things to every reader's mind: 1) WOW. 35 years teaching - unreal commitment from and unreal person. 2) WOW. Nick's blog is quite possibly the best breaking news source out there. In all seriousness, from a former student on behalf of league of former students, thank you Mrs. V for your years of dedication, compassion, and friendship, and good luck with your future endeavors! (Nick's blog is currently not hiring...will gladly write recommendations, though.)

Enjoy what looks like some weather week out there folks. Later all.

1 comment:

  1. Nick,

    Just wanted to let you know that we are all thinking about you. Hang in there and kick some butt this week. I'll check back later.

    -Your cousins from LI (and VA).

    ReplyDelete