Saturday, October 26, 2013

October 27, 2013

Alright so because it's such a sick story I've got to dedicate nearly an entire blog to it: Keeneland was awesome, and I can still destroy a suit.



As I mentioned in the last blog, if you timed it right you caught me on TVG thanks to Gino Buccola, a lymphoma survivor and now on-air personality for the horse racing-centric television channel. Great dude, owe him for hooking me up with that spot. So as it goes, he tipped me off the night before that I'd give my pick for Keeneland's 8th race and if I gave him the info on my pick early enough, maybe they'd be able to throw together a graphic. Of course I made that happen.
I did my due diligence, and my pick for the 8th race was this quality filly Hot Tempo. Caleb, who interviewed me, asked me who I liked, to which I responded Hot Tempo while this graphic was supposedly shown, and what other horses I liked in the race, to which I responded the 2, 6, and 8 - to use in exactas (one of those horses finishing second to my top pick, the 7 - Hot Tempo). Was there ever any doubt this was going to happen? And boom goes the dynamite.

And so goes the story of Nicky Mo straight up handing money out to those who would be kind enough to lend an ear to him on TVG on a quiet Thursday afternoon. As I told Bigfoot: veni, vidi, vici, Keeneland. The legend grows.

On a more lame note, for those who are still interested, I started radiation on Friday. I'll get zapped up again Monday and Wednesday. In other news, so far, so good. You're only as sick as you mentally allow yourself to be. Who wants to run a marathon with me tomorrow?

Later everyone.


2 comments:

  1. Nicky Mo's predictions---what a great idea!!! Awesome picture of you and Pops and good luck this week...I'll be waiting to hear how you're doing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Nick. I saw mom on Friday before I left to come home. She updated me about what's going to happen next. I must have just missed you. Both you and your dad look very handsome in the picture!! I'll be thinking and praying as always. Love, Mrs. V

    ReplyDelete