Thursday, October 17, 2013

October 17, 2013

I think we're just about hitting peak foliage here folks. Northeast in the fall...great stuff. How's life? Fantastic. Just cruising around right now with some time off before radiation treatments begin.

Speaking of, we're going to do a little tinkering with this round of radiation: crank up the dosage and have extreme accuracy in slaying this activity that has arisen in the L4 vertebrae. It's actually pretty interesting - since we already have to be overly careful not to double treat the spot that's already gotten radiation, the accuracy of the treatment is so pinpoint that we might as well just use more radiation and a smaller number of treatments to achieve the same overall desired effect. Great strategy. Saves me oh so valuable time. The goal of this will be, like I said, to halt the progression of whatever is going on in that bone and ultimately try to give me some more pain-free time. Needless to say, I dig that.

Since it's such an intricate process to plan, treatment won't start until the 28th. I can also dig that. Feeling good, with no commitments, I'm getting ready to do some things. Golf is a must, of course...so I'll let you know where I take my hacking skills next. Betting the ponies is a must...so I'll let you know where my degeneracy takes me next. Otherwise, relaxing with friends and family...the simple life.

Hope everyone out there is moving right along. Enjoy the weather while it lasts!

3 comments:

  1. You are an exceptional person. I'd like to think that your attitude will help you in this struggle and I truly believe it will. (That's attitude as in a "good" thing and not 'TUDE) Pinpoint, high dose rads makes sense and let's hope it nukes that spot to oblivion!
    Get out there and golf, lose $ at the track, do whatever the f' you feel like doing but avoid the Giants please. You'll have a shot at them up close and personal next month so save some anger and despair for then. :-)
    Nothing but love from these parts.........

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck, lots of prayers and hope that the strategy works. BroDox said it best, get out there, do what you love, smile, spend time with your family and friends and be happy.
    Always in my thouights, Mrs. V.

    ReplyDelete
  3. And eat 15 lbs of broccoli rabe per day

    ReplyDelete